***

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Found My Career






Today. Today was a total blog-worthy day because I actually got the chance to go skydiving! I always knew it was something I wanted to do before I died and I am extremely excited to say that I have been! (but that doesnt mean im ready to die now)

Liz surprised me earlier in the week by telling me that she wanted to hang out and give me my birthday present early.......and that we were going to skydive. (WHAT!) I was crazy excited and couldnt wait to go. Seriously, liz thank you so much, it was awesome.

So anticipation was actually really really fun. We began the journey by signing most of our legal rights away (very redundant with all those initials but still fun). And then we did our tandem training...in Brazilian. yes, our group ended up being dominantly Brazilian (all execpt me and liz) so we interpreted all that good stuff one needs to know about jumping out of the plane safely in a different language. We are still alive. :)

My ears kept popping on the plane ride up. When we reached about 6000 feet, I thought we were ready to jump! It turns out we were only half way up...so more ear popping time to go. Eventually we reached 13000 and jumped out there. I thought that would be the part where I would freak out but it actually wasnt that big of a deal...it was just freaking awesome. We were free falling for about a minute straight and the entire time i was just screaming. My mouth was wide open the whole time so when he pulled the parachute, the left side of my face was covered in my saliva. mmm attractive. Yes, its a good thing he had a video camera all up in my face for it all. oh my, am I looking forward to seeing that.

I am super grateful for an experience like this and thank God that I was able do something this awesome. I'm floored by the riches He has always poured on my life.

0 comments: